Your pack is your best friend when traveling, make sure you are as efficient and smart about it.
For the past year, I have lived either out of my suitcase because of my job or my backpack when I traveled solo for a few months. Therefore, I want to share how to make packing easy, convenient and efficient.
The more I traveled, the more I realized that I didn’t need a lot of the things I was carrying and over time I’ve become so good at it that now it takes me only couple of minutes.
I will be sharing different type of packs I’ve used with their pros and cons
- What to Pack: below items I recommend bringing with you
- Backpack that’s suitable for you
- Passport, ID, visa, etc.
- Essential toiletries
- Repellent wipes (this are easier to carry than a bottle and wont give you problems at the airport)
- Combination lock-most hotels, B&B’s, hostels, etc have lockers to put away things. So a combination lock will give you flexibility to leave some of your things while you don’t need them, especially if you have a tour in the morning and you are checking out that same day. Always remember to go back and pick them up
- Water bottle or camelpak
- Portable battery
- Small light
- Raincoat or poncho
- Notebook – taking notes is important
- Small first aid kit
- Printed documents
- See “General Guidelines” and “Tips based on type of travel” on clothing to take with you